Thursday, February 19, 2015

I'm 18, Now What?





























I'm 18, now what?

Nothing seem to have changed. I'm of course the same me. The only thing that is different is that I can get a drivers license, which is something I want and some other things that aren't really important to me right now. Most people are so excited to have reached this age. I was to.. but now that I actually am 18, I really don't see what the fuzz is all about. 

I do feel like it's another chapter of my life where I'll be facing new things. A chapter where I'll be experiencing other stuff like traveling more ( I hope).. a job maybe..University and also meeting new people in my life. 

Nothing's changed but it's definitely another chapter that I'm looking forward to. Not because of the things that I'm legally allowed to do which is basically what allot of people are concentrating on, but I think it's more about things that I can make happen mostly on my own.

My birthday was quite simple and just the way I wanted to be. I went to allot of stores to buy things I needed for a long time now. Surprisingly, I wasn't really in need of a cake. But my sister bought one anyway. We ended up not loving the cake. Party? no. I prefer a small group of friends rather than a big party. I can go to parties like that but not that I'll organize one.  A small gathering is my thing.

How did you experience your 18th birthday? How did it feel like?

8 comments:

  1. Great post! It feels like that at first but then it kicks in more later on. I can't really remember much of my 18th properly but I think I had a night out with friends and I remember feeling like I had a lot more freedom, especially feeling super confident walking upto a bouncer with my ID and being like yeah I can get in anywhere I want haha.

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really interesting! When I turned 18 I was expecting this to feel different, but actually nothing changes other than the legal stuff, like you said, and being seen as an 'adult'. It's strange that there is so much hype surrounding becoming 18 because it doesn't live up to it!
    Hannah x
    Hanniemc.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really interesting! When I turned 18 I was expecting this to feel different, but actually nothing changes other than the legal stuff, like you said, and being seen as an 'adult'. It's strange that there is so much hype surrounding becoming 18 because it doesn't live up to it!
    Hannah x
    Hanniemc.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 18th birthday is coming in August and I am still pretty clueless as in how's and what's of this 18 game. Maybe eighteen is just a bigger number and gets you so many legal permissions , nothing else, haha!
    Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I can't believe how young you are - my 18th birthday seems like a million years ago!
    Many Happy Returns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fijne verjaardag nog Jade! Ik wist niet dat jij 'nog maar' 18 bent eigenlijk, ik had je ouder geschat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My 18th Birthday was almost 8 years ago. There wasn't much fan fare I must admit. I was already in university. I think the biggest thing was that I no longer needed to send my documents home to have my parents sign them for me. I do wish though that I tried to have more fun when I was that age though. Happy Belated Birthday!

    Monique, www.onorangestreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohhooo happy 18th! I know what you mean, for me I turned 18 soon as I finished school so it was quite exciting as then I was moving out and off to uni! Birthdays after your 18th are the one's to watch out for... you feel 18 after every birthday still :P for my 18th my parents basically threw a party haha! The invitations even said "Eve and Alan would like to invite you to Amber's 18th Birthday" and they made them and sent them out without telling me 'cos they'd put a big picture of me on the front and knew I wouldn't let them use them! It was nice, we had family and family friends over and had a caterer do a lovely BBQ :) I could drive legally at 17 so I think I liked at 18 that my parents started seeing me as my own person, especially after I moved out and now they respect me as a person not just as their daughter :) xo
    amber love

    ReplyDelete