Sunday, February 28, 2016

BOOK- The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins

Title: The Girl On The Train
Author: Paula Hawkins
Publisher: Riverhead Books published by the Penguin group
Publication date: January 13, 2015
Edition Language: English
Pages: 336

About
Thoughts
This book was for sure a page turner ( especially around the end)and a fast read. It kept me reading from the start. One thing that I think kept me reading was the fact that no one in the book can be trusted. So of course I want to know what happens so I had to continue reading.

A really great aspect of this book is that it's narrated by three women, Rachel ( the girl on the train), Anna and Megan, which makes it all extra exciting, especially when the narrator reveals something I was waiting for. I didn't expect the answer to the big question, the big mystery. That's also a plus so it wasn't all  predictable.

I first gave this book 5/5 stars and then 4/5 as I feel like it was a really good read for the moment and I enjoy it. But after reading it, I didn't think about it much after. Everything that happened in this book was really good for the moment, the reading moment. But when I finished, everything was kind of cliche, Like things I've seen in a film. BUT, the way this book was put together and how the story falls into place, and how everything is revealed is really really good. Those are the reasons why kept reading. In my opinion it was for sure a really good read. A read that kept me saying "wow.. whaat", therefore I give it 4/5 stars. 

I can't say much about it as I don't want to spoil it.
Have you read it? what are your thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about this novel, so I really need to catch up and read it too! Another lovely and interesting review too. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you read it. I totally understand what you mean by the story being only good for the reading moment. The part in the start, where Emma was sharing her story, made me feel so bad about her like the way she was lingering on the memories with Tom was quite saddening. But the unexpected end was truly amazing!

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this book last year and I still haven't read it (even though it's super high on my TBR list. Yikes!) But I'll defo pick this up before the film comes out though.

    - Somdyuti | One Tiny Wish

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read a book from Paula Hawkins. If there is ready at the book store, the translation looks so bad.
    - Doel | Indramayu

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this book last month and I thought it was great :) It's definitely gripping and really twists and turns a lot. I definitely suspected every character at least once. I get what you mean about afterwards though, my copy went to a charity shop straight away. :)
    Jas Poole Blog | photography + lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must recommend reading The Girl on the Train: A Novel.
    I just finished reading it today, and my conclusion is that its a very interesting book to read.

    I ordered mine off Amazon and they delivered it in just TWO days.
    Here's the link for the book on Amazon:
    The Girl on the Train: A Novel

    ReplyDelete