Thursday, February 18, 2016

The 'Lost In A Book' Tag


Welcome back to my blog loves!
My previous "new header" looked a bit messy so I changed it again. There are literally NO fonts that make "jaseyjade" look pretty other than this one and the one Noor made for me ( which was super pretty but the color didn't quite fit). Yes, call me the header changer! So here's to sticking to this one.

Today I am going to do the "Lost In A Book" tag because it's a super fun tag and I love books! Here we go,

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I love to read in bed or outside under a tree.

2. Where do you like to read?
My first choice is my room. I sometimes read in cafés too.

3. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I often use a random piece of paper and very rarely do I use a magnetic bookmark.

4. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop at a chapter?
I can stop reading although in the back of my mind I'm always aiming to finish a whole chapter. That won't always happen so I try to stop reading with a page with a finished sentence so I can start at a new page the next time I start reading. I don't like to stop in the middle of a page.

5. Do you eat or drink while reading?
Oh I tried this one... I can eat and drink while reading although eating crispy stuff are quite disturbing for some reason, lol. The noise just gets in the way of my reading. Like for example I can eat a cupcake, but no popcorn. I'm so weird.

6. E-reader or real book?
Real real real!
I love to turn pages. I love to feel the pages. I love to hold a book. But most importantly, I love to be able to see where I'm at, meaning I love to see how many pages I have left. I know I can see that when reading an e-book but that's only the numbers. I can't see how thick all the unread pages are together.

7. Music or television while reading?
Both. I can do both. But, yes there's a but. I can't do it when it's a floppy book. It has to be a pretty good book that makes me want to shut the whole world out.

8. One book at a time or several at once?
I have no Idea how people can read multiple books at a time. Impressive I have to say. I never tried it before so I can't say that I can't... but I'm a "one book at a time" kind of girl. I want to concentrate on one book. I also have the fear of mixing information if I'm reading two books.

9. Reading at home or everywhere?
I can read everywhere, like a café. I always wanted to read at the beach. I live on an island and went to the beach many times and haven't read at the beach... crazy. That will be a goal of mine from now on. I do prefer at home but reading at some place else is totally fine with me.

10. Reading aloud or silently in your head?
I always read silently in my head. But I have this thing to read the first 2 or 3 sentences of a new book aloud. No idea why but I just realized that I often do that... for some reason.

11. Fiction or non-fiction
FICTION

12. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
I read ahead. I read eeeevery single word. I do have to say that back in high school, when we were assigned to read books and it was a hella boring of a book... I used to scan the sentences to finish the book faster. Like I kind of knew what they were saying but obviously not completely because it's scanning.

13. Break the spine or keep a book like new?
I break the spine... I don't know why, I just do. I can not do it as well...

14. Do you write in your books?
Big NO. I don't like to write in my books neither do I like how it looks. Even when we had permission to highlight stuff in our books back in high school to be able to find things better for when making a book test, I didn't do it.

15. Your favorite book?
I don't have one favorite book I think... I'll just list a few that I gave 5/5 stars. Books that I give 5/5 stars are books that amazed me/ kept me thinking about them for quite a long time: Het Venetiaanse Masker ( The Man In The Picture) by Susan Hill - Room by Emma Donoghue - The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith.

This was such a fun tag to do! I tag everyone who enjoys reading books including:
Noor from Noor's place
Areeba from "Not Your Type" Blog
Michelle from Last Big Tree
Somdyuti from One Tiny Wish

Let's be friends on Goodreads :D 





XO

3 comments:

  1. I love the feel of a paperback but I'm usually reading ebooks because they're v easy! Love the pictures!! And I'll surely do the tag, looks super fun!

    xo,
    Not Your Type Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same thing about not eating crunchy things while reading lol. The noise is really quite disturbing HAHAH.
    P.S Room is very HIGH on my reading list. I've heard nothing but great things about the book. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love eating while reading. In fact, I can't read for long without eating something. Reading probably makes me hungry, haha!
    I love reading paperbacks, but I don't mind eBooks. They're easy i) on pocket ii) to carry everywhere

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete