Friday, March 25, 2016

Stranger than Fiction


This is a story about a man Harold Crick, 

an unstable IRS auditor with his wrist watch. He's a senior agent that reviews many tax files. Everything in his life is connected to endless calculations. He's a man that eats alone and sleeps alone. On a new day, that seems like any other day Harold hears a voice. A voice that says everything that he has already done.

Imagine being a character, protagonist, in your own life... Imagine hearing a narrator everyday... Imagine finding that author, finding the person you've been hearing for several days. Imagine finding out the ending of the story you're part of. An ending that will leave you nothing but in tears... Imagine finding out that your life is in a writer's hands..

What would you do?
____________________________________________

This is stranger than fiction.

A 2006 American comedy-drama-fantasy film directed by Marc Forster, written by Zach Helm, and starring Will Ferrell, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Dustin Hoffman, Queen Latifah, and Emma Thompson

I love this movie. Leena Norms talked about it in this video and it completely caught my attention. I didn't expect this story at all and I never even thought of this. I think it's brilliant, the story itself, the atmosphere, the feeling it brings me as the viewer. The great thing is also that you don't only get to see it through Harold's eyes but as well as the eyes of the author. If you do watch it, or did already, please leave your thoughts below.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I haven't this seen films yet but I love the idea of the story - such a clever way to explore the narrative and storytelling. I'll have to go and hunt this one down! Great review Jade. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. you write so beautifully

    Ruby x

    http://rubys-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOSH! This book sounds so good. I might read it soon. I LOVE this kinda books, like for real!!!!!

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I commented on this the other day but apparently it didn't work. Anyways - great post!! I love the movie too and it has a great cast.

    Loving your layout recently too!

    xo

    ReplyDelete