Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Catch the ones that speak to you...

Catch the ones that speak to you

I thought I had it all figured out right after I had no clue what to do next... Right after I had no clue what my life will look like. I thought I found a way. I knew exactly what to do, where and when, regardless of contradicting opinions that weren't my own, but of people that seemed to know better. But who knows better than the person that needs to lead a specific life... me, it's my life. So I followed a path... Not the one that others laid out for me but the one I created for myself. But just in time, just when I was still able to change direction, 3 people of which one completely unknown suddenly advised me a few things that totally made sense.

An advise is something to either take or turn down. 

I'm taking it... 

Even though it was a contradicting opinion, it somehow came to me more as a solution, a path that will join and not erase my own. Now, I still have my own path... It just needed a little bit of guidance. 

Nobody knows you better than yourself. Advice can be thrown at you, sometimes even when you didn't ask for them. But It's good to look at them and catch the ones that speak to you, the ones that will shape and not erase your plan. Even if it does erase it, make sure that you are the one allowing it to be erased and not someone else.

I will take you on this journey...

It starts now


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful words

    Ruby x
    www.rubys-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Nobody knows you better than yourself. Advice can be thrown at you, sometimes even when you didn't ask for them. But It's good to look at them and catch the ones that speak to you, the ones that will shape and not erase your plan. Even if it does erase it, make sure that you are the one allowing it to be erased and not someone else." - I love that entire paragraph, and it really spoke to me as I feel I'm at a time in my life where lots of things are changing and I'm changing - hopefully for the better but it's scary none-the-less, but this was beautiful and comforting to read. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jade, I love how simple and lovely your words are.
    I get confused when I am thrown tons of advice I don't need. It distracts me. I know it probably sounds selfish and bad to call out people who wanted to help, but it makes me think that probably my own plans lacked something. I am a very open person and would always ask for help/advice when I need it. But other than that, it hurts my head.

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete