Sunday, May 29, 2016

This One Time With Julia by David Lampson

Title: This One Time With Julia
Author: David Lampson
Publisher: Razorbill- The Penguin Group
Publication date: February 2nd, 2012
Edition Language: English
Pages: 232
Genres: young adult
a non-spoiler review

A sentence of the back cover synopsis- This is the story about one time when Joe went on a road trip that completely changed his life.

Thoughts
First let start with the reason why I'm only sharing one sentence of the full synopsis: It's simply because the actual synopsis gives too much away about the book. I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't have enjoyed this book as much as I have, if I have read the synopsis right before reading the book.

Joe, the protagonist of the book is a bit strange and interesting when it comes to his lifestyle and the way he handles certain situations in life, compared to the usual expected reactions. Something about Joe made me not want to put the book down. Joe is a young boy and the narrator, so since the book is YA, the book is "easy" written, which also mean that it was an easy read. It wasn't even "beautifully written" but yet it did hold my attention

I give this book 3.5 out of 5 stars. It was a very fast read and a book that I did enjoy. The happenings in the book are brought to the reader quite differently in a way. They were unpredictable, especially because of how Joe is as a person. A lot of the things that happened, I just didn't expect. The personality of Joe and everything he had been through was so different compared to other books that I have read. I liked it and give it 3.5 stars ( 3 on Goodreads)

Have you read it? If you are planning to pick this one up, I do recommend going into it completely blind.

2 comments:

  1. DAYUM I LOVE YOUR PHOTOS CAN I STEAL YOUR AESTHETICS? XOXO
    I haven't read any YA in a while. I might have to go and check if there are some new YA that might be of my interest. This book sounds rlly good. Fast reads are better for someone like me who have a terrible attention span.

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posts like these remind me to make time to read so much more. I haven't read any YA in a while, but maybe I should give it a go. I like reading things from a male perspective. One of my favorites, Song of Solomon wasn't particularly exciting but it was riveting in the way his mind worked and the way Morrison wrote his experiences and feelings, I couldn't put the book down. And these photos you took are BOMB.COM!

    http://www.theindiebyline.com/

    ReplyDelete