Saturday, July 30, 2016

Book Review- Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs



Title: Library of Souls
Author: Ransom Riggs
Publisher: Quirk Books
Publication date: September 22nd 2015
Edition/ Language: Paperback, English
Pages: 458
Genres: Dark Fantasy, Horror literature, Young Adult Fiction

A non-spoiler review

( I suggest you skip the synopsis if you haven't read the book yet).

Goodreads:
A boy with extraordinary powers. An army of deadly monsters. An epic battle for the future of peculiardom. The adventure that began with Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children and continued in Hollow City comes to a thrilling conclusion with Library of Souls. [...]

Thoughts 
- Library of Souls was a part of my BookTubeAThon TBR- 

Adventure, fantasy, real, thrilling, tension, amazement, heartwarming... just SO Good!

I will start by saying that I give Library of Souls 5 out of 5 stars. I honestly feel like this won't be a good review because I honestly cannot find words to describe it... It feels like I am repeating myself in the reviews of the sequels of Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, but this is in the end what I felt throughout this book.

Library of Souls, or should I say Ransom Riggs maintained the amazing plot, the fantasy, the characters and the unpredictable happenings. I love the ending of the book. I actually didn't think it will end the way it did. The ending is so heartwarming and nice.  I felt a bit weird when reaching the end. I guess it's because I was living the story. I felt like I was a part of it and it's kind of sad that I will no longer be a part of it as a reader, other than having it as a wonderful adventurous memory.

This book contributed really well to the adventurous journey. I am going to post a review about the whole series with a bit more details when it comes to my thoughts, but still a non-spoiler review. Have you read any of the sequels? Did you like it/them?

2 comments:

  1. This is the last book in the series and it seems like the conclusion didn't disappoint at all and it turned out to be just as epic and wonderful as the first two books were for you! I'm glad you were able to love it just as much <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this series sitting on my Kindle and I'm so excited to start it! But first I need to finish a few of the other series that I've got on the go haha.

    But, I'm bumping it up to next on the list as you had such a great time reading it!

    ~ K

    www.lifeasunusuals.com

    ReplyDelete