Tuesday, July 5, 2016

June Wrap Up & July Goals

Indulging in books, feeling feelings that aren't my own, picturing different worlds, rooms, different lives and faces of characters and all their features, is what I enjoy.

I am all about books lately, I know. I simply love the whole reading experience. Sitting down to write a post about what's been going on is quite difficult because of so many random things that usually pops up in this life of mine. I am doing something about it. Not to ramble too much, here's my June wrap up and July goals.

JUNE WRAP UP

Brooklyn by Colm Toibin - Rating: 4 stars
It was definitely a heartwarming story with emotional scenes that personally gave me a look into the life and soul of someone who left home. Click here to read the review I posted about it.

Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel- Rating: 4 stars
Station Eleven is an amazing read that definitely makes me think about life, about people and what is truly important. Click here for the whole review.

The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand - Rating 5 stars
I think this book truly touched me especially emotionally. I enjoyed how this book allowed me to explore life, death, guilt, grieving and hope in a different situation that I have never experienced before. Click here to read my whole review

I'm happy to say that June had been a great reading month! The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand was probably my favorite read of the month! What was yours?

JULY GOALS
  • Read more
  • ^ To be more specific I want to read all the sequels of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Its genres are: a young adult literature, horror literature and dark fantasy.
  • Start doing creative stuff in my art journal
  • Finish the Dutch course I'm currently following. Down below you can see the boxes that I had checked in June, which means that everything is good so far. I will make a post about how I'm managing to get things done and how it helps my life and how it helps me emotionally.
I will list the achievements by the end of July. Had June been good to you? Did you accomplish some of your June Goals? What did you read? Do let me know down below xo

 


4 comments:

  1. I've been into books recently too. Just diving into different world and going on an adventures with characters is absolutely wonderful. I haven't read any of these books. Need to check them out. I read Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell and completely fall in live with this book. xx

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the process of reading too, it's just so lovely to get lost in another world for a time. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is on my list as well, it looks so good and I want to read it before the film comes out! Have you seen the trailer for it yet? I need to be more creative in July too - here's hoping I can do it! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from Belgium, visit my weblog on: https://koivis.wordpress.com/
    so the flag of your country is on the list of visitors;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully your Dutch can improve with you finishing off your course. And I already know you've been working at reading those series, so you'll be getting there in time :)

    ReplyDelete