Friday, July 15, 2016

Preventing A Wasted Day

A whole day gone, a whole day wasted...

It's okay to sometimes do nothing. I mean, you deserve it after so much work. But 1 day of doing nothing ( in my situation) sometimes drags out to 2 then 3 days long! It's crazy. It feels good while doing it. But when the sun goes down and I reflect on what I did... it doesn't feel so good. It's hard to get out of that state of doing nothing, so that's where my journal comes in handy.

I gave up daily journaling a while ago and I am picking up my art journal again. But the journal in the picture is a simple notebook where I jot down ideas, notes, especially to do lists! They truly save me from procrastinating so much.

That feeling of checking off daily errands feels so good! The minute I write down things that I have to get done in one day, I just have to keep myself to it. I try to do as much as I can.

Keep in mind:
Don't overwhelm yourself with too much tasks. Do as much as you can. Couldn't do it all? It's fine! Your happiness is important. Do not frustrate over the tasks that you couldn't get to. Instead, take a look at the things that you managed to accomplish. That's what it's all about.

To do lists work so well for me. What works for you? 
Jade xo

4 comments:

  1. Great post Jade, and so true too. I often end up wasting days when I've been really busy and I always go back to creative things to keep me going and active, so you're right, journalling definitely helps! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh gurrrrl I need to do a lot of stuff but my days haven't been real productive like I would want to. I loved loved loved this post at this moment tbh!

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  3. To do lists keep me from wasting days. I'm generally a productive person, but I do waste my days when I have had a set back because the failure leaves me deeply demotivated. I need to snap out of those occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post Jade :) I've just got into summer and have definitely wasted so many days. There's not a better feeling than crossing off things on a to-do list! But I also hate when I get tired and it's just there looking me in the eye hahaha.

    Sarah
    scarletstate.co.uk

    ReplyDelete