Tuesday, August 2, 2016

July Wrap Up / BookTubeAThon Result

Before we jump into the books, I just want to say... BookTubeAThon was amazing and it was such a great way to read many books! There were 7 challenges for the BookTubeAThon week. Let's see how many I managed to complete!

1 Read a book with yellow on the cover
For this challenge I chose, What She left Behind by Ellen Marie Wiseman. This one is one of my favorites. I give it 5 starsClick to read my review here.

2 Read a book only after sunset
Reading Paris for Two One by Jojo Moyes was such a nice and relaxing book about Paris, relationships and romance. It literally took me on a trip to Paris. It was such a nice way to end the reading marathon of BookTubeAThon. 4 star! (Do let me know if you want me to do a full review on this one!)

3 Read a book you discovered through booktube.
I discovered The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan on YouTube and won the copy that I have through one of Jen Campbell's giveaways. This book was just a story to me... it didn't really touch me in any special way. I really thought it would. I had high hopes for this one. It's not my type of book, but the story is interesting nonetheless.
3 stars

SIDE NOTE- Paris For Two One is also a simple story, but the way it's written is captivating, while The Gracekeepers is quite slow paced and not quite captivating I'm afraid. Even though Paris For Two One isn't the most original story, it still held my attention, whereas, The Gracekeepers didn't do much for me.

4 Read a book by one of your favorite authors.
Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs. SO good you guys! I gave this one 5 stars! Read my review here.

5 Read a book that is older than you.
For this one I chose De Wandelende Jood by August Vermeylen, first print got published in 1906 and the second one in 1978. (I was born in 1997). This one was quite difficult because it's written in Flemish. But at the same time I did understand a few things and I find that the thoughts and feelings of Ahasverus, were quite nicely written. There are also Jesus related stories in this book. I give it 3 stars. I didn't get much from this story, probably because it's written in Flemish. But I really enjoyed the writing style at times.

6 Read and watch a book-to-movie adaptation
I promised to buddy read 2 books that were adapted in films so I couldn't use them for BookTubeAThon. My only option was Hollow City by Ransom Riggs (The movie isn't released yet). I had read half of the book before starting BookTubeAThon... so I decided to finish it during the marathon. SO GOOD! I give it 5 stars! Read my review here.

7 Read seven books.
As the seventh book of this challenge, I chose Everything I Never Told You by Celeste NG.  My first 3 books that I chose to read were quite long which is why I didn't manage to read this one. I will finish it in August and tell you all about it afterwards!

I have read 6 books out of 7 during BookTubeAThon and it was amazing. I mean the challenges, hosts, giveaways, amazing sprints and amazing fellow readers that are truly supportive. I can't wait for next year. (There's probably going to be a Christmas one!) I will definitely join again!

3 comments:

  1. Love this!!

    Ruby x

    www.rubys-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great challenge and what a brilliant way to read as many books as possible and discover some new favourites! Paris for One sounds really nice, and I must find a copy of What She Left Behind, especially if you've recommended it! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like an interesting challenge! I might do that soon as I also still have quite a few books at home that I started reading ages ago and never finished so I could finally finish some of those as well :)
    Oh and I will definitely check out that Random Riggs review of yours in a minute!
    Great post!

    Micky♡
    Princess From Jupiter 

    ReplyDelete