Sunday, September 18, 2016

Overall Thoughts- Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children

In this post I am reviewing Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children as a series. It was hard for me to write about them separately especially when it comes to the last book... Mainly because it held the same amazing elements as the first two books. The thought behind this post is to summarize my thoughts. 

These are the links that will take you to the separate reviews:
Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children is a story full of tension and adventure. It was well worth my time and I highly recommend this series! It is the first series that I have ever read, that is now my favorite!

It has an excellent, unique and super unpredictable plot. The worldbuilding is extremely well done, to the point where I can see everything happening in front of me, like a movie... or better yet, I honestly felt as if I'm part of this world... like the book is a loop to me. (You'll know what I mean with "loop" when you read the books :D)

The book has wonderful unique characters. They are individually interesting and amusing to read about. When it comes to Jacob Portman, the protagonist and whose perspective the story is told from, he really did develop throughout the story. I really enjoyed reading the books from his point of view, especially because of how everything started and how everything changed. 

There's a romantic situation going on throughout the series that I find developed too quickly. I didn't pay attention to it at first because of all the other amazing things I was reading about at that time. I understand the reasons why the girl has these feelings, but not quite the boy's reasons. I thought he would find the situation weird. Nevertheless, it didn't affect my reading experience at all... but I thought I should mention it.

Furthermore, there are some twists and turns that were quite thrilling, shocking and tense. Not to mention the arousing feelings of horror. The entire series holds that peculiar and fantasy elements. I can repeat this a million times: the photographs made the story even more special and mysterious!

I gave all the books 5 out of 5 stars.  I wish I could tell you all about it, as if it was my own experience. But I guess you will have to find out for yourself...You have time ;)

4 comments:

  1. I loved the book 1 when started reading it but by the end of it, it looked more like a children fairytale to me than a book for grown ups so I didn't read book 2 & 3. And I GET THE LOOP PART!! I LOVE WHEN I GET BOOK REFERENCES :D

    xo,
    Not Your Type Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are incredibly high on my list to read and your review has just reminded me I need to get my hands on some copies soon, especially with the film coming out soon too! I love the sound of the characters in this series, as well as the unique plot you mentioned too, so I must keep my eyes peeled for this series when I'm at my library. Great review Jade, and I love the photo you shot for it too! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just seen the trailer for this movie and now that I have seen it I know I want to watch it! It looks so good. But of course, first I want to read the books. So I have to get my hands on them somehow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the movie for Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children and it was really good. However I'll probably read the book too as books are usually more descriptive etc

    amberakaunu.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete