Monday, December 12, 2016

Review- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty


Title: Big Little Lies
Author: Liane Moriarty
Publisher: Berkley, Penguin Group
Publication date:   August 11th 2015
Edition/ Language: Paperback, English
Pages: 512 pages
Genres:  Fiction, mystery, chick lit

Non-spoiler

Big Little Lies has this Desperate Housewives touch, because of all the women, and the gossip. This book is about friends, kids, schoolyard scandals, parties, ex-husbands, second wives, secrets, lies, single moms, and imperfect relationships. This book is like a peek into different women's lives, their problems, and how they all "will wind up in the same shocking place" in the end. Big Little Lies also covers murder, adultery, self-confidence, and a bit more triggering subjects like rape, and domestic violence.

The plot was really well crafted! I'm telling you it is not easy to figure out who's involved in the tragic happening! I love how the book started with an introduction to the tragedy, and how the following chapters are a sort of countdown towards the detailed version of the tragedy. There are also interviews in between, of people who were at the event. I find that the interviews add a nice element to the story. It all kept me reading.  

Big Little Lies has a touch of humor, but still absolutely gripping. I enjoyed my experience reading this book. It broke my heart, made me laugh, and left me stunned! I have thing for books that are about daily lives, and emotional subjects. When reading this book I was completely gone. I paid no attention to anything other than the interesting characters, their personalities, and their experiences. Books like this one makes one understand the saying "why have friends when you have a good book", haha!

It's a very easy, mysterious, and intriguing read, with a very strong ending. The ending keeps you thinking about the many people who are experiencing terrible life situations behind closed doors. Those situations are present, but we still don't think about how it might be happening to someone right now, this very moment. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars! I definitely recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh this sounds like my kind of book! Thank you for not including any spoilers :')

    Amber Love Blog

    ReplyDelete